Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Compliments to the Chef!

Saturday I made a new dish---Steak Parmesan. As I cooked the cube steak and prepared the sauce I realized I did not have enough parmesan cheese to on top! Gasp! It was in the title so it is of dire importantance to have! So off the boys and I go to the store after I put the dish in the oven to simmer. When we returned my oldest son, Michael, says, "Mom, if that tastes half as good as it smells, then it should be good." Wow...what a great compliment from my usually quiet, artsy-crafty son! Then on top of that when I pulled the pan out of the oven and added the much needed cheese, Michael states, "If that tastes as good as it looks, it will be really good!" I was walking on air by this point!

Isn't it wonderful how just how far a few words of encouragement or praise can go? Since then I have made a point to let my boys and hubby know how much I appreciate them for their unique qualities and their acts of kindness. And I must say, there has been a really nice feeling floating around! Let's keep it going!!

No comments: